community support and nomadic Tours..
- Some of the things that have come to fruition through our support of the Association are:
- 1) We helped to build much needed bathrooms for the village school
- 2) During the harsh winters of 2015 and 2016 we worked with the Association to provide food supplies to all 110 families of the village
- 3) The Association was able to dedicate a room within their offices specifically for first aid supplies and emergency medical supplies
- 4) We are currently working with the Association and the local council on a plan to provide fresh tap water to all the homes in the village in the near future
- 5) We purchase materials such as bags, copybooks, books, pens and other supplies and donate them to the village school which in turn helps encourage students to continue their studies
- 6) We planted different trees around the village and in the mountains to help slow down erosion and combat the problem of deforestation
- 7) We created a textile cooperative for the women of the village so they can earn a living which would otherwise be unavailable to them
8) We are sponsors of the local football team and we organise football tournaments in the summer holidays
One major project we are incredibly proud of is the building of a bridge over the river running through the village. In the past the water would rise in the winter months and cut off the villagers from each other. Nomadic and Ait Ouham Association approached the local council and government and successfully convinced them to contribute 75% of the cost to build the bridge. Nomadic contributed the other 25% (the total budget of the project was 210,000dhs) then worked with the Association to project manage the bridge construction. Now, in the winter months, life is easier as access is maintained between families and villagers.
If you would like any further information about the Ait Ouham Association for Development or would like to help with a contribution of your own, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0118 973 7011.
Jarjeer Mule and Donkey Refuge
Recently, in conjunction with our Animal Welfare Policy, Nomadic has decided to financially suport Jarjeer Mule and Donkey Refuge. Jarjeer Mules is a retirement home, orphanage and care centre for working equines in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains near Marrakech. The team works with local people offering support not only to equines but also to children and adults who want to learn more about equine care.